|There are a number of specifications, guidelines, examples and tools that support the development of CityGML enabled software solutions.
CityGML Developers should know the following things
Specification and supporting documents
Note: For CityGML Specifications and XML Schemata prior to version 0.4.0 please go to the References section.
CityGML version 2.0.0
- The CityGML Encoding Standard document version 2.0.0 is available here: CityGML Encoding Standard, OGC Document No. 12-019
- The CityGML 2.0.0 XML Schema is available here: CityGML 2.0.0 XML Schemata
- A zipped version of all schema files is available here: Zipped CityGML 2.0.0 XML schema files (455KB)
- The CityGML 2.0.0 UML data model is available here: CityGML 2.0.0 UML data model (single slides)
CityGML version 1.0.0
- The CityGML Encoding Standard document version 1.0.0 is available here: CityGML Encoding Standard, OGC Document No. 08-007r1
- The CityGML 1.0.0 XML Schema is available here: CityGML 1.0.0 XML Schema
- A zipped version of all schema files is available here: Zipped CityGML 1.0.0 XML schema files (176KB)
- The CityGML 1.0.0 UML data model is available here: CityGML 1.0.0 UML data model (single slides)
- Overview of namespaces and schemaLocations of the CityGML 1.0.0 modules
CityGML version 0.4.0
- The CityGML Specification version 0.4.0 is available here: CityGML Specification
- The CityGML 0.4.0 XML Schema is available here: CityGML 0.4.0 XML Schema
Besides the XML Schema files the package contains small example datasets and an example CityGML Application Domain Extension.
- An HTML online documentation of the CityGML 0.4.0 XML Schema is available: CityGML 0.4.0 XML Schema online documentation (Oxygen 8.2)
- The CityGML 0.4.0 UML data model is available here: CityGML 0.4.0 UML data model (single slides) and CityGML 0.4.0 UML data model (poster version)
- A Change Document tracking the changes from the previous CityGML version 0.3.0 to CityGML version 0.4.0 is available here: CityGML 0.4.0 Change Document
- A full documentation of all GML versions is available from the offical OGC website: GML Specifications
- Sample CityGML files and WFSs for testing are available from different sources, see Examples and WFSs
- Overview of the namespace and schemaLocation of CityGML 0.4.0
Toolboxes and other development software
- citygml4j is a open-source Java class library and API for facilitating work with the City Geography Markup Language (CityGML). citygml4j makes it easy to read, process, and write CityGML datasets, and to develop CityGML-aware software applications. citygml4j is developed at the Institute for Geodesy and Geoinformation Science, Berlin University of Technology and is released under the terms of the Lesser General Public License v3 (LGPL). --> More information, tutorials, examples, downloads, etc.
XML authoring tools