A number of commercial software packages support CityGML.
Software systems that provide CityGML support
- CodeSynthesis XSD - an open source (GPLv2 plus commercial license), cross-platform XML data binding compiler for C++. Supports generation of the object model as well as parsing and serialization code from CityGML schemas. For more information on using with CityGML, see this wiki page.
- Bentley Map Advanced 3D GIS tool for Microstation (or Standalone) fully compliant with OCG & CityGML. Reads/writes all CAD files, MapInfo, Shapefiles, Oracle Spatial, CSV and ODBC sources. More info.
- Autodesk LandXplorer
- FME from Safe Software
- FME Technology provides CityGML Reading and Writing - con terra GmbH - FME European Service Center
- CPA Systems GmbH - CPA Geo-Information SupportGIS 3D
- tridicon™ CityDiscoverer - software suite and authoring tool for visualization and analysing large scale 3D city and terrain models.
- GO Publisher WFS - An OGC Compliant schema translating WFS capable of serving CityGML from any given relational model / bespoke 3D geometry model.
- BS Contact Geo 3D software from Bitmanagement for the visualization of GIS and geo-data with CityGML support.]
- CityGRID Software for management and editing 3D city models from UVM Systems.
- CityServer3D Software suite for data management of 3D city models. Implements different standardised interfaces like CityGML, X3D, KML, WFS, W3DS. Geospatial information is stored in a database which enables scenario-based querying and visualization.
- GEORES - CityGML Import Plugin for Google SketchUp
- Galdos INscape CityGML Server Galdos INscape is a WFS-T which is fully compliant with the CityGML specification and which can support any ADE (user defined or otherwise) out of the box.
- Galdos INdicio CityGMl Registry Galdos INdicio for CityGML manages code lists, schema components (base CityGML schemas and ADE's).
- Galdos CityGML INspector Galdos CityGML INspector is an advanced visual inspector and WFS client for the examination and quality assurance of CityGML data. Invoke special shaders for indoor, outdoor and underground structures. Adaptive camera view provides objects at the "right" size. Integral Python engine for advanced users.